EXTRAVAGANT NONSENSE

The news branch of the Back of the Net wiki.

Thursday 2 July 2009

Relaxed Hleb: There I was running around like a sucker...

In a surprising U-turn, Barcelona midfielder Aliaksandr Hleb has rejected suggestions he will start next season at Bayern Munich and outlined his plan to 'have a chilled one' at the Nou Camp.

The first Belorussian to do something of note, Hleb was a key figure for Arsenal before leaving for Barcelona in search of silverware.

Although Hleb picked up La Liga and Champions League medals last term, his involvement was limited and the the negligibly-named wide man had suggested he would quit the club, but it seems he has had a change of heart and rejected moves to Bayern Munich and Lyon.

"My intention is to stay at Barcelona," Hleb explained. "I've had a think about it and I'm on easy street here.

"At Arsenal I was always running about and I got nothing for it, here I just sit and watch and I get medals. By the end of the season I didn't even bring my boots, I just wore the clothes I wanted to go out in - it saved a lot of valuable drinking time!

"Some people say 'aren't you worried about your career Alex?' but I tell them I'm getting paid thousands to come to the Nou Camp and fiddle with my i-phone. That thing's got like a million apps so it's not like I'm going to get bored.

"I've bought a nice travel cushion and one of those mini fridges that holds 10 beers, so I'm all set for the new season."

No comments:

Post a Comment